1st DAY: Drive through Levadia and Arachova (famous for its bright multi colored carpets) arrive in Delphi.
At the foot of Mount Parnassos, within the angle formed by the twin rocks of the Phaedriades, lies the Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, which had the most famous oracle of ancient Greece. Delphi was regarded as the centre of the world. According to mythology, it is here that the two eagles sent out by Zeus from the ends of the universe to find the navel of the world met. The sanctuary of Delphi, set within a most spectacular landscape, was for many centuries the cultural and religious centre and symbol of unity for the Hellenic world and seat of the Pythian Games, the second most important games in Greece after the Olympics, which were held every four years. Visit of the Archaeological Site and the Museum where one can see among other archeological treasures, the unique bronze statue of the Charioteer dedicated to Apollo by Polyzalos, the tyrant of Gela, in 478 B.C. when he won the chariot-race at the Pythian Games. This incomparable statue is a representative example of the ''severe'' Attic style, certainly the work of a major artist.
The rest of the day at leisure – Dinner & Overnight in Delphi (D).
2nd DAY: Morning at leisure in Delphi • Visitors spend a day of complete relaxation in Delphi where the wild beauty and grandeur of the landscape are awesome & inspiring. In the afternoon drive back to Athens. (B.)Book Now Ask a Question
From April to October
Departure: 08:45 – Return: 19:00 (next day)
Accomodation at Hotel Amalia Delphi (4 Stars):
Per Person in Twin/Triple : 186 € / Child rate: 130 €
Single Supplement : 37 €
- Transportation by A/C deluxe coach
- English speakin licenced guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel
- Free wifi on the bus
- Free wifi at the hotel
• Participants on this tour will have an afternoon and morning at leisure for relax and swimming or strolling through the small village of Delphi
• SURCHARGE: Environmental fee 7€ per room per night from 01/01/2024 will be paid directly to the hotel reception by the client
• Vegetarian meal available upon request.
• Drinks and tips are not inlcuded.